The first specimen of a 6x4 truck YaG-10 was built by November 7, 1931 at the Yaroslavl Motor Works. Subsequently, the car was produced in small quantaties for 8 years and it was the first Soviet serial three-axle vehicle. Limited release was due to lack of an adequate domestic engine, while supplies of the imported 96hp. Herkules YXC were irregular. Virtually, all trucks of that type were supplied to the Red Army. Different shelters, tanks with capacity of 8000 l, fire trucks and a bus YaA-2 (extended chassis) were produced on a basis of YaG-10 trucks. Production of the YaG-10 ended in 1940 with a total of 333 vehicles.