Т-44 Soviet Medium Tank

T-44 was created in the Bureau of Plant #183 under the leadership of A.A. Morozov during WWII, based on the units of T-34 and T-43. The difference in construction was made by placing an engine across the longitudinal axis of the tank, thus making the engine compartment shorter and increasing the volume of the crew compartment. The tank was accepted for service in 1944. It was produced in Kharkov until 1947. 1,823 tanks were produced. T-44 served in the Soviet Army up to 70’s of the 20th century.