The light SPG SU-1 was designed in Leningrad on the basis of a light tank T-26. The self-propelled gun was armed with 76 mm regimental gun M1927, which was placed in a stationary tower. The ammunition was 35 shells. The thickness of the armor was 6 - 13 mm. SPG has been tested at the end of 1931, however, the farther works on it were stopped due to the beginning of design of the artillery tank T-26-4.