T-54-1 (model 1946) was adopted in the 1946 and produced in 1946-1948 at three plants. The construction of a tank was based on the design of the T-44 and made under the leadership of A. Morozov. The tank had a powerful armament of 100 mm gun, 12.7 mm anti-aircraft machine-gun and three machine-guns of 7.62 mm. Due to the low quality of manufacturing and some constructive problems the tank production was discontinued after the release of 615 machines.