Light armored car D-8 was created by engineer N. Dyrenkov on the base of Ford-A car in 1931. The armored car was armed with one 7.62 mm DT machine gun with 2709 rounds of ammunition. Four embrasures were made in the body of an armored car for shooting. About 50 armored cars D-8 were issued in total. The D-8 armored cars consisted In the armament of the Red Army until the end of 1942.